Answered By: Kate Lynch Last Updated: Oct 28, 2016 Views: 114
The information on this page is provided in a PDF version (at the bottom of the page) for you to save or print; a link to a video tutorial with these instructions is also provided.
In Microsoft Word:
- Go to the "Insert" tab, click on "Header," and select "Blank."
- Under the "Header & Footer Tools Design Tab," check the box for "Different First Page."
- Type in your first page header.
- Example: "Running head: TITLE OF YOUR PAPER"
- Press tab twice to move the cursor to the right-hand side of the header.
- Go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Page Number."
- Select "Current Position", and then "Plain Number."
- Double click on the document page to exit the header.
- Go to the second page of your paper (or create a new page by hitting CTRL + Enter).
- Open up the header on the second page (double click on the header).
- Type in the title of your paper and add in page numbers as before.
- Close out of the Header.
You can also find more information about using the APA style on the APA Style Help Guide.