Answered By: Brandi Porter Last Updated: Oct 03, 2016 Views: 132
The APA style provides specific rules regarding the format and layout of papers.
A general list of basic formatting requirements is provided below:
- Your paper should be typed, double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5” x 11”).
- The margins on your paper must be 1” on all sides.
- Use 12 pt size font; Times New Roman is recommended.
- Include a page header (also called a "running head") at the top of every page.
- The page header cannot exceed 50 characters (this includes punctuation and spacing!).
- The page header should always be capitalized, and it should represent some form of the title of your paper.
- The header on the first page of your paper should read, "Running head: TITLE OF YOUR PAPER".
- All subsequent headers should simply read, "TITLE OF YOUR PAPER".
- Your paper should include four main sections:
- Title Page
- Main Body
For more specific information on formatting your paper, please visit the Library's APA Style Help Guide.